Sunday, September 11, 2011

Suitcases


"Have a suitcase heart. Be ready to travel." -Gabrielle Zevin

At risk of sounding melodramatic... I read that line the other day and it kind of got stuck in my head, since I've been living out of suitcases for the last few weeks. And it kind of reminds me of that "rootless" sort of feeling that accompanies transition periods.. I've been apartment hunting. Not my favorite thing in the world, to put it mildly.

On another note, I've always wished I had one of those retro suitcases with stickers all over it. And of course to have gone to all those places on the stickers.

2 comments:

JAKE WYATT said...

I kind of like that feeling. It's one of the reasons we abandon our home every summer.

Good luck with the hunt!

Sarah said...

I love Gabrielle Zevin. Also, you're sort of tremendously talented, I've been reading your blog for the last... 30 minutes I would suppose. I love the Fish best I think.