Friday, February 03, 2012

Chime



My take on cover art for Chime by Franny Billingsley. It was one of my favorite books I read last year. So I thought I'd take a stab at it.

Without the type treatment:



And a detail:



Started this several months ago after doodling a super rough color study and thinking hey... that might be cool. I've worked on it every once and a while since then. Stretching it out over so much time resulted in lots of repainting and an appreciation of how much my style has shifted in the past few months as a result of my internship. Also of the difficulties of calling something done when there is no deadline...

4 comments:

Jeff Call said...

Really nice! I like the composition and the swirling stuff.

Josh H. Black said...

Beautiful! Love the sense of rhythm throughout the composition and her expression very emotive

Stacey Jay said...

So beautiful! You are so talented. And Chime was one of my favorites this year, too!

Tyler Stott said...

nice Illustration